Friday 11 March 2011

My week................


Okay - so it's been a week and still no news on the job front - I am literally starting to rock - back and forth - back and forth - the rain has been incessant for the last few days with little or no sunshine and it's been a challenging week to say the least.

Tuesday started out awesome - I met with a friend for lunch and went to my favourite place Downtown - they serve the most delicious fish - on the walk there and back I was listening blissfully to classical music on my mp3. I gotta say that certain tracks on that album give me goose bumps - I had that 'glad to be alive' feeling and couldn't wait to get home and switch on Movie Central and watch something and while away a couple of hours.

But oh no!!!!!!!!!!

I perilously switched on my computer and got 'pop-up' after 'pop-up' telling that my computer had umpteen viruses - And I had completely ignored the messages I had been receiving telling me that my anti-virus cover was done!!

Okay so this all started at 3pm – by 8pm and 4 hours of phone calls to my internet provider, I was no closer to finding out what was up with my laptop. I was beside myself – especially when the help-desk guy told me that I was looking at a $189 for a computer technician to take a look at it for me.

That was it – the meltdown began – tissue in hand, I bawled my eyes out – the tears felt the size of golf balls and my oh my was I feeling sorry for myself. No job, no guy and no computer!!!! J

I literally sat here and text everyone I knew to find out if they knew of someone who could help me and then a guy that I worked with some 6 years ago called me and agreed to take a look at it for me. Next day I had to drive all the way to Port Moody to drop it off with him and get it fixed.

Over lunch, he told me what was up with my computer – a big fat nothing!! – there wasn’t a single virus on my computer and all he had to do was remove the program that I had inadvertently downloaded – the same program that I had mentioned on the 4 hour phone call to my internet provider at least 6 times L

Oh well – if nothing else came out of it – I got to get out of my little cocoon and met up with an old friend.

So I have a very holistic week coming up which I am super excited about – I am going to a sound healing session tomorrow and then I am going to the see Snatam Kaur in concert next week – I am unable to contain my excitement over that as I have loved listening to her music for the last few months and find her meditations to be truly profound – for me at least.

Life is not too shabby! And the clocks go forward to just 2 days time - Spring is here!!!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment