Sunday 6 March 2011

Expectations



Hmmmmmm Friday night – it was not quite what I had expected.

I wonder sometimes if that taxi driver in Sydney was right when he said that I expect too much.

I had only been in the bar minutes when the ‘server’ managed to empty the contents of a 9 ounce glass of wine ON my clothes – and I mean ALL OVER my clothes – I can only be thankful here that it was white and not red wine – I was then bombarded with napkins – one after another in an attempt to wipe up the wine from my clothing – like really? Isn’t it a little too late for that now? J

What was supposed to be a ‘girl’s night’ was not that at all - But I mustn't complain - I was having fun. I had been freed from my safe and perfect sanctuary at home and thrown into a buzz of guys and girls, food and flat screen TV’s, pushing and shoving, guys checking me out, guys not checking me out – leaving the confines of my home and drinking is clearly something I can only partake in once a week – I gotta tell you – my nerves were shot to sh*t J I had to take a washroom break for what I thought would be a peaceful exercise in 'breathing it out' – but again the universe had another plan for me – the music proceeded to boom out of the cubicle too – there was simply no place to hide J

I was then met by the restaurant manager who proceeded to tell me that it was in fact someone on my table that had picked his beer from the 'server's' tray that had caused the tray to tip and lead to the wine spillage - YEAH RIGHT!!!!!! Like OWN IT!!!!! In all fairness she did agree to pay for the dry cleaning of my clothing.

We left not longer after - back to a friends' house - which led then to video after video on youtube - not the night I had anticipated - so by the time I got home - I was buzzed from all that audio and visual stimulation and unable to sleep - even the melatonin didn't do the trick.

I am amazed at how quickly the weekend has passed - it seems that I have done next to nothing except watch my fair share of chick tv on 'slice' - but I gotta tell ya - watching 'Bethenny getting married' gives me hope and looking at the rock on her left hand has led me down a dangerous path checking out engagement rings!!!!!! YES!!!!! Engagement rings. Never mind the fact that Prince Charming has forgotten my address.

http://www.martinflyer.com/

This is by far my most favourite site so far J

Okay – I am going to love and leave you here as I am torn between watching ‘Vicky Cristina Barcelona’ and 'Changeling' – night has befallen us again and I need to do my yoga practice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment