Thursday 24 March 2011

The bus



Right then - okay - to what happened next - I have played it over and over in my mind for the last few days - so much so that I have been having to deal with the lid coming off all those pent up emotions - it sucks!!!! :) Oh and we've also had two days of glorious sunshine so I just had to get myself out and about - hung out with my friend yesterday as we baked on the deck and the I went window shopping today.

Okay so where were we? Oh yes - Byron Bay and the Slovenian.

So that night we, my friend and I went to check out the town - I did of course have the secret intention of seeing the guy again and had put on my lippie.

Having had dinner and a couple of drinks, heading home, I saw a guy coming in the other way - hot - with a blonde - so instantly putting the two of them together I figured there was no point in getting on his radar. Only as I walked closer and closer, I was like "OMG - it's the same guy - the guy from the beach - he just looks different now cos he actually has clothes on" :) He looked at me - I looked at him - He looked at me and then I looked at him AGAIN.

We passed each other and then I spun around and smiled - he did too - awwwww - it was such a cute moment - never to be forgotten - OMG - I am such a sap!!!!!

And that was it, I went buzzing all the way back to the hostel :)

Okay so next morning, I just knew like I knew like I knew that I was gonna see him again - I even put on a little mascara - of course I was make-up free with my topped up tan - but yes, I did put on mascara. It was another awesome day in Byron - smoking hot and I remember walking past a bar - it was owned by the guy that was in all those Crocodile Dundee movies.

So off we toddled toward the ramp to get to the beach - there was this eccentric, long bearded old guy at the foot of the ramp that had laid out a tonne of flowers on the pathway - he did it every day and I  remember chit chatting to him. Then I had the wierdest feeling - like someone was watching me and I put my hand to the back of my head and turned around - and would you 'Adam and Eve' it - it was him - the hot guy - guy from the beach - guy from last night. My head was in a spin and my tummy was in a flip - in fact tonnes of flips - over and over and I knew that some how and in some way I had to put one foot in front of the other - although God only knew how I was going to do that. He was just feet away and I am so painfully shy around guys like that I just had the impulse to leg it!!!!! :) But there was nowhere to run to.

Already there was a sea of people on the beach and finding an expanse of sand was not easy - my friend and I walked for a good 15 minutes before we found a spot.

Oh my gosh - back up - back up - today was the day that I was heading back to Sydney - it's all coming back to me now - okay - just so we got that straight.

So anyways - back to the beach - we must have been sat there for at least two hours and I kid you not I had seen him AGAIN - he had walked along the water twice now - and I had not recognized him as the same guy and my friend had had to tell me yet AGAIN - crazy!!!

Way on into the afternoon - there he was!! Gob smackingly gorgeous in his shades and walking toward us - I was giddy - "Where is he going?" - the spot we were sitting in was so darned quaint and by some steps up from the beach - there was no-one else around cos I had just done a 180 and turned around to look - then it dawned on me - he was smiling and headed in my direction - he was walking towards me.

And that was it - he simply came and sat down next to me - and smiled right at me - am I sad when I say that that is still one of the 'Top 10 Best Moments of my Life'?

But honestly - it really was. My friend was sweet and gave us some space - she went for a walk - and by the time she got back, we had of course exchanged names and where we came from - where we had been and where we were going - he had just come from Sydney - northbound and I was of course southbound. We decided to go for a gin and tonic and the 'Crocodile Dundee' bar - which we did - followed by sushi - it was there and then that I told him that I was going to Sydney that same night.

It was there over sushi that he asked me what I wanted - no-one had ever asked me that before - I had no idea how to verbalize what my heart was screaming - "Come back to Sydney with me" - he asked me if I wanted him to come and I could not say "Yes" - the fear of being rejected, him saying 'no' and the dis-belief that this was even happening to me had all compounded in one conversation. He agreed to join me if he could get a ticket - so from there we went to the travel agent to be told that the tickets for that bus were sold out - the only way for him to get on that bus was to wait with us and see if the driver had space for him to get on and join me.

Later that evening, the three of us packed - and both of us had akready puzzled in the knowledge that we were staying at the same hostel and had not bumped into one another there at some point already. We ate at a local restaurant and with backpacks in tow, waited for the Greyhound bus. Standing on the street, with him next to me, unknown to anyone but me, I prayed again - this time that he get on the bus and with my fingers crossed behind my back we waited and waited as the passengers boarded....................









No comments:

Post a Comment