Monday 29 August 2011

Childhood Memories.


I'm fully confident that those Abraham Hicks youtube video's are working wonders - feeling a massive shift in my thinking and got a spring back in my step. I was actually excited to get into work this morning - and had a really nice day. Amazing that that even has to be shocking :)

So tomorrow we have our first conference call - which means that everyone across the whole of Canada will be on the call - from my department only of course - otherwise that would be a bit mental. I have to think of my most cherished childhood memory and then share it on the call. It's hard to think of something isn't it when someone puts you on the spot like that? So there I was sitting at my desk - thinking and wracking my brain - thinking some more. And then it came to me - a photo of my brother and I when we were little kids - I must have been about 8 and he would have been about 6 and a half - and there we are standing next to each other on one of the cement blocks in Llandudno, Wales - with our super duper plastic sunglasses on - mine were flourescent pink and his were white - funny that I can't even remember what I was wearing - but I know that he had on some little cream jeans, a proper seventies whopper collar shirt and a little tank top - you know the pic don't you when you're standing next to each other with a hand on the hip and then swinging it out to the max - sooooooo cute.

And that was it - I was reminded of the adventures we used to have when we were little - bonnie and happy - driving in the car - 'are we there yet?' - 'how much longer Mom?' - 'we there yet Dad?' - sticks of rock and sunshine - and then a drive through Colwyn Bay on the way home and looking up at the castle wall where we had stopped off and taken more pictures :) I'm smiling cos those days were blissful and blessed in their simplicity. And then I well up of course - we used to sing in the car on the way there - Dad playing 'The Beatles' under duress :) and we would sing out loud to 'Get Back' - 'Brotherhood of Man' with 'Save All Your Kisses for Me' - and my Brother just loved Shakin' Stevens with his 'Green Door'. We've all done it - twanged on tennnis rackets and sung into hair brushes. We had a band - my friends and I had one too - singing to Bucks Fizz and 'Making your Mind up' - we never did do the dance in the end cos I think we ended up being Greek dancers in 'Helen of Troy' - first time I ever wore make-up. My teacher - Mrs B we'll call her - awesome lady actually found a photo of us girls dressed up for that play - and there I am with my pink lipstick and green eye shadow and hair up in a bun - must say I look lovely :))) Awwwww - it's nice to reminisce.

And with all that safely tucked away in my heart and in my memory, I am reminded that my parents did a bl**dy awesome job - the best that they knew how - with the tool kit that they had. Lovely feeling. So there you go - that will be the memory that I will share tomorrow - driving in the car to Llandudno - with my lovely family - through the lush green of Wales where my Dad would purposely open the window when there was that poo-ey manure smell outside and we would look out for sheep and cows on the hills - and you'd see the odd house dotted here and there, off in the distance. It was on one of these trips that I found my passion for the sea and the beach - is it any wonder that I live right next to one now. The smell of the sea always takes me back to these trips.

Had a lovely weekend too - scorching hot so I spent Saturday in the sun - by the pool and listening to my tracks on my little icube - then went to have oysters with my friends at Kitsilano Beach - love going there cos you can see the sunset without the mountains being in the way - and it drops just in behind the sea, the edge of the World - so so beautiful. My crush joined us for a couple drinks too - I say crush - really this was the second time I've seen him but you know when you just know that someone is trouble - I even spoke to my best friend about him some weeks ago - he's tracked me down on facebook so we have exchanged a few messages - but it makes me smile - oh come on, we all need some fun in our lives - and even Esther Hicks says it - how can it be bad if it feels good :))) So there we go - no expectations - and the daily reminder that love comes from inside us - happiness comes from inside - and when you can get all those ducks in a row, well the rest - the rest is just the blessed trimmings of life - the memories that I will look back on one day and smile - Thank God I lived!!! Isn't that what the Slovenian was all about? Indeed - that's exactly what he was all about :)


Okay - gonna run - time to wash up and do my meditation - G'Nite. And I can't get rid of that photo at the bottom of the page - so my OCD will just have to suck it up and get to bed!!!!!


And if you've time - listen to this - I bet it changes the way you view a relationship:



No comments:

Post a Comment