Wednesday 24 August 2011

The Proposal..................................



Thought I had another episode of Corr'rs to go but that is not the case and now that I've just eaten one of my special yeast and wheat free apple muffins, I've got to wait until I can do my 20 minute yoga - so figured I'd write a few paragraphs.

Better day today - no rain - supposed to be 26 degrees tomorrow. I'm really enjoying my new job - people are genuinely friendly in there and very supportive. Such a novel thing for me and I am certainly not complaining. One of the women said to me yesterday "you can trust me" and you know when you can just hear the 'woo woo woo' of the sirens in your head - never ever trust someone who says "you can trust me" :) Just taking her with a pinch of salt and keeping my distance. It's just one of those spaces where you just keep your head down and just get on with the work. And it's really busy and all the people I have spoken with so far have been just lovely. Really neat offices too - overlooking the water, pity we don't have a view - apparently they've just moved to that floor too from the tenth which had an awesome view - oh well. Hotel next door sees some fancy guests too from time to time - so might meet someone famous!! :)

Missing my yoga classes already - we can dress casual at work so I am going to figure out a way to get to classes on my way home - must be a way that I can do that without having to carry too much stuff. Awwww, I've just looked out of my window and the sky is all pink behind the trees cos of the sun.

Just ran out on the balcony and took some pictures - looks lovely out there :) Summer sunsets are the best. Seagulls are having a field day with all their squawking!

Been reading 'The Mastery of Love' recently by Don Miguel Ruiz - read it once before but you know when you pick up a book for the second time and the words mean something more - something new that perhaps you didn't feel the first time around? Well that's how it's been for me - biggest piece was reading one of the short stories in there - about not looking for happiness outside of yourself - certainly nothing profound - but I forget that from time to time - especially just recently. There's some lovely bits in there actually - how we start off as babies and by the age of two, begin to take on other people's stuff - losing that innocence, ability and fullness to love - and never quite fully being who we really are - until we start to peel away the layers of course and start to do our work.

Oh yeah - that was it - brings me to the conversation I heard at work today - I didn't mean to, but then it was hard not to when they were both chatting right behind me. So blonde one was chatting to blonde two. Blonde one says that her boyfriend just left her a box containing her engagement ring on her bedside table - so that she saw it when she woke up and while he was out walking the dog. How bizarre hey? How literally crazy I thought. Beautiful ring mind. But it just brought to that space where normally we see something and pass judgement - and here she is chatting about her confusion and how he hadn't told her how much he loved her - and yet most of us, some of us, would look at that ring and then her, and then back at the ring, in our singledom or resentment in a current relationship, or whatever, and think 'Lucky Cow - look at the size of that ring' - so many times things are not what they appear to be on the outside hey?!?

Was just a thought today - I found myself feeling quite sorry for her. Wonder why she wore it at all? It all became a big deal in the end about the fact that it would be broadcast on facebook if she didn't wear it - what has the world come to hey? Completely crazy. Funny - just as I typed that, I got a message on facebook. Oh well - just food for thought - I'm gonna head now and get washed up before my yoga practice - my shoulders are aching like good things at the moment.

Later :)


No comments:

Post a Comment