Thursday 7 April 2011

Should I stay or should I go now?


My friend K has asked me for some advice so here goes:

Question:

Diamond Girl, I need some advice, and you seem pretty well travelled now. I have just booked a month in Malta from 5th May, and the fear is getting to me. I intend to give up this flat, which drives me to boredom as does this town and move there for a month anyway. I figure I have nothing to lose by doing this and will at least be forced to make a change instead of stagnating in this flat and town. My writing job can be done anywhere, although part of the fear is that I move there and my job will dry up. I'm just in 'fear' scenario at the moment. I don't intend to live in Malta for good but save up hopefully enough money to move on somewhere else, maybe NY again for a while.

Any advice would be appreciated. Maybe you can give the answer on your blog.

K.

Here are my thoughts K:

Seems to me that your mind is already made up and you're just looking for a litle encouragement - confirmation that you have made the right decision.

I can reach out to my own experience and having spent just a week in Malta, can tell you that I loved it - the location - the sea - the closeness to Sicily too which hands down is one of the most beautiful and quaint places that I have ever seen. I can't recall the small seaside town that we went to - but it was somewhere that a renowned author spent much of his or her time writing - apologies that the name escapes me at this time. The views from that spot in Sicily were breath taking. And Malta is a very 'Britain' friendly country - the food is awesome, weather is fine and you will be inspired every day - who knows where this could take your writing to - It can be your very own Eat Pray Love :)

Also Mr K, I can tell you that just days before moving to Vancouver, I was still working - I went for lunch and whilst walking back to the office inbetween the high rise building, bustle of people grabbing lunch, shoppers and cobbled stones on the street - I had a feeling that I had never had in my life before. The walls of every building closed in on me and I could not breathe - it felt like the sky was falling in on me too and I called my colleague - he had to come and fetch me and walk me back to the office. I went into the washroom and my hands had gone clammy - I was having trouble breathing and I thought that my time had come - I was going to die here in the washroom of my workplace and be found on the floor - my hear was racing in my chest and I crouched down next to the wash basins and prayed - really hard - 'please don't let it be now - not here' - 'let my end be a little more graceful than this' - I was having what is commonly known as a PANIC attack!!!!!!

Change stirs up all manner of emotions, key ones being fear and an excitement that can be difficult to embrace.

That transformation and move K is already in your 'being' - you have done it already - now you simply have to do it in the physical and you will be and are just FINE. You are a strong and resilient man who will thrive - I have no doubt. The work is there and more will follow - just BE OPEN to the possibilities.

I read something in a book that stuck with me "Never doubt your ability to manifest" :) I am excited for you my Friend.

I hope I have helped you.

No comments:

Post a Comment