Sunday 26 June 2011

The end of a chapter


So here I am with sleep looming - I just pulled one of my Fairy cards - "Dreams Coming True" :)

A total mix of excitement, anticipation, eagerness and a little sadness at leaving this behind - the last 6 months have had me cocooned safely in my apartment, healing and growing. I was just looking at one of the peace lilies that I have - it was on my desk in the last job - it's at least 4 times the size now with a whole stack of baby leaves coming through. It will all be a distant memory this time next week - beautiful memories however.

So I guess to re-cap the events that have taken place - taking that first step out of the door tomorrow is going to be huge. The highlights began with the trip of a lifetime with my parents in Goa - I say that because so many people have said how lucky I am to be able to spend time like that with my family. Sure was an awesome trip. And then to return back here to Vancouver in February and start this blog after watching 'Julie and Julia' - remember that's how this all started?!?  The ups and downs with the job interviews and same with the guys too - I had the nutbar from Seattle who called me at 2am in the morning and I was toying with the idea of the border crossing to go see him - ALONE! And then the dude from Sydney Australia. But hey it comes as no real surprsie that I was doing that only so I could get out there and see my Slovenian - who yes, still has a monopoly with my thoughts - they come and go - only on Friday I put on my green dress and was reminded of a t-shirt he once wore - gorgeous! :) I was chatting about him to my Colombian friend on Friday night over drinks - still want to squish his face and hug him - the Colombian said that the mind can play awesome tricks on you, so why don't I just change the ending of that story - create an ending in my head that makes all the bad stuff go away so that I can put it to bed once and for all - I will get there.

Then I had the excellent evening at the concert with Snatam Kaur - I have to admit that I have listened to her less and less since I saw what seemed to me like 'crazy dancing' with the spectators at the concert :) Each to their own :) But I will be back to see Matthew again with his sound healing sessions - they definitely take me to another dimension and shifts so much 'icky' stuff - creating space for the new.

What else? Definitely better able to focus now on the positives and what I have versus what I don't have - I'm not there all the time but a lot more than before. Exercising too - even if it has been in my own apartment - I actually like that - means that I can be more flexible time wise. Trying to be more open in my heart too - with family and friends for sure - that incident with that guy last week has taught me to perhaps be a little less demanding - back off with the expectation - perhaps I should have just told him why he was pi$$ing me off.

Oh and have I ever had an awesome time with TV and movies - well of course you know about my love of - wait for it - wait for it - Two and a Half Men, Coronation Street and Eastenders :) And then the 'Real Housewives of NYC, OC and Beverly Hills' - nice thing is that I can share that love with my friend in the UK who has also become hooked so we share stories and thoughts. And then the movies, watched a great one today '127 Hours' - also saw 'Black Swan' , "No Strings Attached' and 'Something Borrowed'. So there you go with a few recommendations - there have been a lot more, just can't remember them all now. And of course Oprah came to an end - Oh and I watched Roots.

I feel like I have got my happy back - whether it be dancing in my apartment, waking up in the morning and flinging my stuffed monkey around and making 'him' dance - and no! No rude connotations there please :) And deep down in my heart, my conversations with the Divine - I feel that same joy and connection that I had when I was a teenager and it's like we are friends again. Working on that and my boundaries has given me re-newed power. And my friends - could not have done it without the help of my friends - from the encouragement to take a step outside, to the chats on the phone, to the push to take the job as it's going to lead to bigger and better things :) And you know what - I believe it - I know it.

So I end this chapter now as I have to get ready for bed - if it seems that my blog postings are taking a nose dive, please give me a nudge - I promise to keep it up :) Thanks for sharing with me so far.

And here's one of my all time favourite songs in the whole world :) Enjoy







No comments:

Post a Comment