Monday 4 July 2011

Short..........but sweet


So I gotta be quick cos it's 8.50pm and I have been up since 5pm - eyes are heavy - another scorcher of a day - heaven sent.

Had to fill you all in on our morning meeting today - OMG - VPL got such a bollocking!!!!! We all had to discuss what was happening for the week, targets and things that we are planning to work on etc. Then we got onto the subject of the move which is taking place as of Wednesday - then we are in the other space until the end of August - so VPL girl decides that she's going to have a jab about the fact that she doesn't have enough boxes to pack up her stuff - two years of stuff may I add :) Well that was it, I've never seen anything like it before - the office manager just let rip - there were 'f' bombs flying around and fingers wagging and this is in front of everyone - OMG - I had to turn away I was so mortified for her.

VPL never said a single word throughout the tirade of................in fact I don't even know what to call it!! That must have been so humiliating.
It was like watching an episode of Eastenders - I kid you not - voices raised and the rest of the group didn't know where to put their faces - needless to say VPL was as quiet as a mouse for the rest of the day. I was in shock - I have never seen anything like it in the workplace before - people being so straight up with their feelings - kinda refreshing to be fair - better out than in.

It was a hard day on the phones too - when you're calling for business in a market like this, which is also saturated with competitors; it's really hard to differentiate yourself when you're talking to someone new. So I took a few slugs throughout the course of the day - popped into the washroom to have a word with myself  - 'all my actions lead to prosperity and abundance' - that was my mantra.

Super great news is that following the two days out of town, we will more than likely have a short day on Friday - so I am stoked :) So asides from that, I got in touch with an old flame today - we hadn't spoken for a couple of years now - was nice to catch up - super nice guy - I just don't think I was ready for 'nice' at the time. Well I extended an invite for drinks to my Birthday bash on Saturday - the more the merrier :) And a bit of eye candy never hurt anyone :) And old flame is probably taking it a bit far - we went out for drinks one evening and when he went to kiss me, I turned my head so fast that I think the poor guy ended up kissing my ear - awwwwww!!!!!!!!

Had a super nice chat just now too with an ex-colleague of mine - now a good friend - we don't talk that often but when we do, there's always so much to say. Well anyways, she was able to shine some new light on the way that I have been thinking about breaking away from routine - 'look at new things with the eyes of curiosity' was what she said, or something like it - because we never know what is around the corner.

I will leave you with that for now - I really do have to go to bed - exhausted and my eyes are hurting.

Nite :)



No comments:

Post a Comment